2011-02-26

Missing default

After a change from Gnome to KDE, simply using the command sudo apt-get ubuntu-desktop, answering bravely to use kdm as default, I came to the login screen. This one looked already promising, KDE-style. Once I logged in, there was only a terminal window, unmovable, on a part of the screen, the rest using the background of the login-screen (or default KDE background).

So why did I had no full KDE desktop session? Just because I missed the option-arrow on the login screen, where one can select which desktop to use. There was no default selection (all radio-buttons unselected). Selecting here KDE on next login, I could get the KDE desktop.

Small hint: when on this terminal-only session, I got back to the login screen using sudo /etc/init.d/kdm restart.

No comments:

Post a Comment